I’m back to finish up the details from our blizzard-y weekend!
Sunday, December 20, 2009 (a.k.a. the day before winter officially starts):
- 8:05 am – Woke up, showered and got dressed quickly. Packed everything up so we could get going. Remember the before picture of the patio? Well here’s the after!
- 9:12 am – We were on the road again after Chris cleared the car off for the 253rd time. We drove sloooooooowly. The roads all the way home pretty much looked like this – no pavement showing, covered in snow and ice. Not many other crazy people were driving around, which was a good thing.
- 9:57 am – We pulled off the highway for an on-the-road breakfast of McDonald’s. Check out these icicles at the drive-thru!
- 11:32 am – Arrived at home to 21 inches of snow on the driveway. Thankfully we had a shovel in the car so we could get started. Chris shoveled a little path up to the garage to get the other shovel.
- 12:19 pm – I decided this would be a good time to accomplish one of my 101 in 1001 tasks – #32: Go sledding, make a snowman and a snow angel all in one day. Unfortunately my snow angel is just a big two-armed hole since there was so much snow.
I do think my (tiny) snowman turned out pretty cute though.
As for sledding? Well, after spending the whole weekend digging ourselves out of the snow, photographing a wedding in the snow, driving in the snow, etc., I was pretty much done with the snow. I originally put that task on my list because the past several years we’ve had snow and I’ve sort of avoided it despite how much I loved it as a kid. So I wanted to experience that feeling again. I do intend to go sledding another time, but for now I feel like two out of three isn’t bad and I’m crossing this off my list!
And that concludes our snowy little adventure. It also concludes another year of blog posts! Stay tuned for 2010 weddings, the rest of the 101 in 1001 list, and other fun randomness. Happy New Year everyone!